New race schedule subject to change
The current crisis is turning normal life upside down and this is why we are forced to react to the chancing situation accordingly. We have no other choice at the moment as basing our decisions on the situational circumstances and the status quo. From the current point of view it‘s not possible to estimate when and if we will be hosting race events this year. But in our opinion, it makes sense to publish a new Race Calendar, based upon the current point of knowledge, to give some perspective which still is conditional.
Like recently published, we had to cancel or postpone all races until the end of June. We started reorganizing the big festivals first, to the latest possible dates in the year. This always has to happen in close exchange with the event organizers and under consideration of the conditions and possibilities of the event location. Followed by the attempt to shift all normal race events to the limited free weekends left over. Unfortunately some events had to be canceled without alternative due to several reasons, in St Kassian for example, the local authorities are prohibiting sports events for 2020. Also the Rookies Cup in Winterberg has to be fully canceled because there´s no prolonged weekend with a bank holiday available to provide the time frame needed. Sadly also a solution had to be found for Klinovec, since the bike festival in Willingen could only take place at a certain date. After all the aspects were weighed against about what race would make more sense to host under the known circumstances, the decision was made to cancel Klinovec based upon the existing and time-wise unlimited boarder closures to Czech Republic. The decision against the race in the popular Czech bike park was made in close communication with the local event manager. In the end a good solution could be found for the German national champs.
The following calendar is based upon the current state of knowledge to this date and can change in the future. We will reevaluate the situation at the end of Mai, beginning of June and adjust the calendar if necessary.
iXS European Downhill Cup
|24.07.-26.07.20||iXS EDC #1||Pila||Italy|
|14.08.-16.08.20||iXS EDC #2||Spicak||Czech Republic|
|28.08.-30.08.20||iXS EDC #3||Brandnertal||Austria|
|10.10.-11.10.20||iXS EDC #4||Maribor||Slovenia|
iXS Downhill Cup
|10.07.-12.07.20||iXS DHC #1||Pamporovo||Bulgaria|
|17.07.-19.07.20||iXS DHC #2||Semmering||Austria|
|07.08.-09.08.20||iXS DHC #3||Bad Tabarz||Germany|
|21.08.-23.08.20||iXS DHC #4||Willingen||Germany|
|05.09.-06.09.20||iXS DHC #5||Ilmenau||Germany|
|19.09.-20.09.20||iXS DHC #6||Winterberg||Germany|
|25.09.-27.09.20||iXS DHC #7||Innsbruck||Austria|
|02.10.-04.10.20||iXS DHC #8||Bellwald||Switzerland|
Specialized RockShox Rookies Cup
|11.07.-12.07.20||Specialized RDC #1||Steinach||Germany|
|31.07.-02.08.20||Specialized RDC #2 / IRC||Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis||Austria|
|12.09.-13.09.20||Specialized RDC #3||Schöneck||Germany|
The registration for the single races will not, like usually, be open eight weeks before the event, but will open at a closer time distance to the actual date of the event. More information regarding this change will be released in the future
The starting money for the four canceled races RDC Winterberg, RDC St. Kassian, RDC Saalbach and DHC Klinovec will be transferred to your bank account automatically. For the rescheduled races the starting money is still valid and so is the registration. This applies to EDC Maribor, DHC Willingen, DHC Winterberg, DHC Ilmenau & RDC Schöneck.
We hope to be able to offer a perspective with these new dates, even though racing might not be the most important thing in the world right now. Additionally we want to point out that everyone's behavior has an impact on how long it will take for this spook to become more bearable quickly. Be solidariy, keep yourself fit and stay healthy!